We are up to about 18 or 19 attendees, but there may be a few key people that haven’t replied. We need some input from everyone. The plan has been updated, you can find the latest details here.
We are meeting in Lincoln Saturday morning. The Woody Greeno Invite starts at 10am for the women and 10:45 for the men so weâ€™ll have to make that for sure to cheer on the team. Jackie Walford is checking with the Coaching Staff at Nebraska to get a few alumni into the race. If you plan to run the race, please contact Jed Cornforth by email. If we are running, we should be there at about 8 or 8:30. If not running, we should meet around 9 or 9:30. Meeting place should be near where the team normally sets up camp (assuming itâ€™s still the same).
Next we need a volunteer, (preferably someone in Lincoln) to find a restaurant/bar/park/gathering area that could accommodate up to 40 people (dates/spouses included) plus the team 20-30 more assuming Coach Clay wants to bring the team over to meet some of the alumni as well. This could be done in a park for a bbq as in the past (Weâ€™ll leave it up to our volunteer to decide.)
Several people have requested seeing/traveling to Hastings. The best time for this might be Friday night, but if there is enough interest, we could do it after the lunch/bbq Saturday afternoon, the only fear here is that if people head to Hastings after that, weâ€™ll likely be split up for the rest of the day. Additionally, there is a Nebraska Football home game that day which will make the downtown area crowded.
Finally, can we get an idea who might be able to house a few people that are coming from out of town?
We Need Input
- We stay in Lincoln on Saturday to hang out/party
- We go to Hastings on Saturday. This would be after the race & BBQ in Lincoln
What We Need to Do:
- Email Jed Cornforth if you want to run in the Woody Greeno Invite or the Omaha Corporate Cup.
- Email Brandon Petersen or Jed Cornforth if you would like to volunteer to coordinate the Saturday post race pre-football game get together meeting site etc.
- Vote on whether or not we stay in Lincoln to hang out or go to Hastings. (Both is a possibility if several people want to go see the updates on campus and then return to Lincoln to party.)
NOTE: The Omaha Corporate Cup is Sunday morning, which a few people are participating in. (You can signup at the race for $25.) We could have a small get together in Omaha Sunday for a lunch type activity. (Probably a good reason for those wanting to do the race to stay in Lincoln as it is an 8am start and likely not reasonable to make it from Hastings.